ONE MONTH TEACHER’S TRAINING COURSE (200 HOURS FULL TIME/PART TIME) – YOGA CERTIFICATION BOARD (YCB), MINISTRY OF AYUSH, GOVERNMENT OF INDIA, RYT 200.
The Yoga Institute is at the forefront of yoga teacher training courses or TTCs since 1954. More than 1,00,000 teachers certified from TYI are successfully practicing all over the globe. Our certification is accepted and respected in the Yoga community worldwide. Looking at the rapidly changing scenario of the pandemic, The Yoga Institute is presenting the Online Teachers Training Course.
The Yoga Institute is recognised by the Government of India (Ministry of AYUSH – QCI) and is the first Yoga school to be accredited after the AYUSH -QCI scheme was launched. We are also fully accredited with the Yoga Alliance, USA.
- The course conforms to the syllabus of Level 1 – Yoga Teacher YCB scheme– mentored by AYUSH (Government of India). Once The Yoga Institute’s exams are successfully cleared by the students/participants they are eligible to appear for AYUSH level 1 exam.
- This is RYT 200-hour course, fully accredited with the Yoga Alliance USA and the participant is eligible to apply on Yoga Alliance site as Register Yoga Teacher when The Yoga Institute’s exams are successfully cleared by the students/participants.
Anyone can enrol without prior experience with yoga. You can avail of the triple certification benefit. Also, you are eligible to teach not only in India but in any part of the globe. Open to all – minimum age 18 years and above.
Full time Teachers’ Training Course – Online - English – Monday to Saturday: 10 am to 6 pm (IST); 1 month.
Weekend Teachers’ Training Course – Online - English – Saturday & Sunday. Saturday Sessions: 10:00 am – 8:30 pm (IST) and Sunday Sessions: 10:00 am – 1:30 pm (IST); 3 months.
Entire course is conducted in English.
200 hours three months’ part-time teacher training course is conducted online. All classes are conducted in English. It is a basic Yoga teacher training certificate course that prepares students for teaching Yoga techniques to healthy adults and children. The course covers theoretical and practical aspects of Yoga. The syllabus also consists of experiential learning of unique techniques & concepts pioneered by the founders of our Institute.
The comprehensive teacher training course for Yoga covers core principles and philosophical foundations of traditional Ashtanga Yoga (Eight-Fold Path Yoga). Ideal for Yoga novices it covers an introduction to the study of Patanjali’s Yoga Sutra, Hatha Yoga Pradipika, and Gheranda Samhita. Further, complete immersion into practical experiences of the principal Yoga asanas, pranayamas, Kriyas, concept studies, public speaking, the methodology of teaching, etc. is covered. The Yoga Institute pioneered techniques including, Bhava’s training. Detailed anatomy and physiology classes conducted by Yoga experts will cover theory and practices.
Application: This session will be conducted via the Zoom app
Zoom Meeting (download Zoom Cloud Meeting App from Google Play Store or App Store, or for Desktop. Links are given below
Desktop – https://zoom.us/support/download
After installing Sign up for a free account using email id.
Meeting ID and Password: Will be provided one day prior to each session on email by the course coordinator.
To Join Meeting: Click on Join Meeting at the start time of each session. Enter the Meeting ID and Password provided on mail. The password will be different for every session. Please mention your NAME before joining the meeting, when asked by the system.
*Please Note: Sharing class or the link or log in with another person is prohibited. Any additional login will deny you continuity in the sessions. All rights reserved with the institute. You will be liable to pay the decided penalty.
Pre-requisites: Knowledge of written and spoken English is a must. Wear loose comfortable clothing. Avoid a full breakfast just before the asana sessions and as directed by teachers or coordinators. Keep a time gap of at least two to three hours between the meal and the start of the session. Keep fruit or dry fruit and water bottle handy before the session to energise if required. Keep a notepad and pen handy to take notes. Good internet connectivity and speed.
During the class: Select a place in your house where there are no disturbances during the session. No movement of your family members in and out of the space utilised to attend the session. This should be strictly followed. Preferably the door may be kept closed during the session.
Attendance: A student is required to have a minimum 80% attendance, failing which he or she cannot appear for the Institute exam. In such cases, students would be denied certification. All classes need to be compulsorily attended.
You cannot turn off the video unless instructed or permitted otherwise by coordinator or teacher. Kindly keep all devices including your device volume on mute. Only Zoom app volume should be on.
Your attendance will be monitored regularly.
*No requests for recordings or sharing of the session shall be granted.
Questions & Answers Sessions: The last 5 to 10 minutes is to be kept aside for question & answer. The interaction with participants will be coordinated by the teacher taking the class online. Please await the cue from the teacher to engage in questions & answers. Please use the Raise Hand option and chat option, of Zoom Meeting, to share your views or questions when the time is provided for the same by the teacher.
Recording Policy of TYI – Recording Policy of TYI -The Institute retains all rights to record the live interactive sessions for their internal usage & quality purposes. These recordings are strictly for the institute and the data is stored securely in a manner that reasonably protects it from misuse and loss and from unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. Students are prohibited from recording these live sessions. We will not share any recordings with the students.
Yes, Course Material will be provided, that includes-
1) Teacher Training Handbook that contains complete notes and guidance required for the course.
2) Observation sheets for recording observations of daily practices along with the guidelines for the same.
* Please note that there will be no soft copies of any notes or books provided.
* All course materials are included in the course fees, only shipping charges have to be paid by the student.
*The Time Table for the Programme Would Be Shared On WhatsApp / email Group by the Course Coordinator.
WhatsApp: A WhatsApp group would be formed by the course coordinator.
This group strictly needs to be used only for exchanging course-related information and as such, no forward messages/greetings/videos/pictures to be sent on it. Refrain from personal chats or comments on this group.
The final exams are held at the end of the course online. Theory, as well as practical exam, will be taken on successful completion of said course and attendance.
- 50 marks theory
- 50 marks practices (Demo & teaching skills)
The date and timing of the same would be informed on the WhatsApp group in advance. A mock exam (both practical and theory) would be conducted before the final exam. The format of the exam would be the multiple-choice questions without negative marking.
*Mandatory to have a mobile number and a Gmail account for exams purposes and necessary communications.
E-certificates would be awarded, post clearing exams and fulfilling the attendance criteria. If hard copies of the certificates are required by the students, then they will have to send in a request by email with details to email@example.com Courier charges are to be borne by the student/participant.
Note: Please note that there will be no soft copies of any notes or books provided. All study material available for the students for any course in physical (hard copy) only. The same can be collected by the student directly from the Institute or can be delivered to them by courier, charges of which will have to be borne by the student.
A – KNOWLEDGE
- Introduction to Yoga and Yogic Practices.
- Introduction to Hatha Yoga.
- Introduction to important Hatha Yoga Texts with special reference to Hatha Yoga Pradipika and Gheranda Samhita.
- Introduction to Patanjali Yoga Sutras.
- Bhavas of the Buddhi – Basis of Yoga Education
- Introduction to Anatomy and Physiology
- Introduction to Human Systems, Yoga and Health
- Yoga for wellness – prevention and promotion of positive health
- Yoga and stress management.
B – SKILL
- Sahajbhava Asanas
- Shat Karmas
- Surya Namaskar (Sun Salutation)
- Knowledge of selected postures and demonstrated ability to perform these postures – meditative and cultural (dynamic and static versions).
- Selected psychophysical and conceptual techniques pioneered by The Yoga Institute.
- Knowledge, teaching, and demonstrated ability to select Pranayamas.
- Practices leading to Meditation
- Communication and Teaching Practice
- Understanding and practice of basic skills of public speaking.
- Familiarity and demonstration ability to apply teaching methods.
- Adapt the above to unique styles of learning.
- Provide supportive and effective feedback.
- Acknowledge the aspirant’s progress and ability to cope with difficulties.
- Principles and skills for working with groups.
For further queries, kindly mail us on