ONE MONTH TEACHER’S TRAINING COURSE (200 HOURS FULL TIME/ ON CAMPUS) – YOGA CERTIFICATION BOARD (YCB), MINISTRY OF AYUSH, GOVERNMENT OF INDIA, RYT 200.
The Yoga Institute is at the forefront of yoga teacher training courses or TTCs since 1954. More than 1,00,000 teachers certified from TYI are successfully practicing all over the globe. Our certification is accepted and respected in the Yoga community worldwide
The Yoga Institute is recognised by the Government of India (Ministry of AYUSH – QCI) and is the first Yoga school to be accredited after the AYUSH -QCI scheme was launched. We are also fully accredited with the Yoga Alliance, USA.
- The course conforms to the syllabus of Level 1 – Yoga Teacher YCB scheme– mentored by AYUSH (Government of India). Once The Yoga Institute’s exams are successfully cleared by the students/participants they are eligible to appear for AYUSH level 1 exam.
- This is RYT 200-hour course, fully accredited with the Yoga Alliance USA and the participant is eligible to apply on Yoga Alliance site as Register Yoga Teacher when The Yoga Institute’s exams are successfully cleared by the students/participants.
Anyone can enrol without prior experience of yoga. You can avail of the triple certification benefit. Also, you are eligible to teach not only in India but any part of the globe. Open to all – minimum age 18 years and above.
Duration of the course is one month from Monday to Saturday from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm.
Entire course is conducted in English.
This residential, one month teacher training course is a basic Yoga teacher training certificate course that prepares students for teaching Yoga techniques to healthy adults and children. The course covers theoretical and practical aspects of Yoga. The syllabus also consists of experiential learning of unique techniques & concepts pioneered by the founders of our Institute.
The comprehensive teacher training course for Yoga covers core principles and philosophical foundations of traditional Ashtanga Yoga (Eight-Fold Path Yoga). Ideal for Yoga novices it covers an introduction to the study of Patanjali’s Yoga Sutra, Hatha Yoga Pradipika, and Gheranda Samhita. Further, complete immersion into practical experiences of the principal Yoga asanas, pranayamas, Kriyas, concept studies, public speaking, the methodology of teaching, etc. are covered. The Yoga Institute pioneered techniques including, bhavas training. Detailed anatomy and physiology classes conducted by Yoga experts will cover theory and practices.
Morning: Asana and Pranayama Sessions
Post Noon: Lectures, Yogic Techniques, Yoga Philosophy, Practice Teachers Training, Meditation Techniques, Stress Management Techniques and Life School Concepts.
Evening: Asanas and Meditation Practices.
Pre-requisites: Knowledge of written and spoken English is a must. Wear loose comfortable clothing. Avoid a full breakfast just before the asana sessions and as directed by teachers or coordinators. Keep a time gap of at least two to three hours between the meal and the start of the session. Keep fruit or dry fruit handy and water bottle, before the session to energise if required. Keep a notepad and pen handy to take notes.
During the class: Follow disciple and avoid talking or discussing with other students during class. Maintain social distancing at all times. Switch off phone or other digital devices when the class is going on.
Attendance: A student is required to have a minimum 80% attendance, failing which he or she cannot appear for the Institute exam. In such cases, students would be denied certification. All classes need to be compulsorily attended. Recording of class is prohibited. Seek teacher’s permission to take pictures or share PPT’s or other notes when unsure.
Recording Policy – The Institute retains all rights to record the sessions for their internal usage & quality purposes. These data is stored securely in a manner that reasonably protects it from misuse and loss and from unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. Students are prohibited from recording these live sessions. We will not share any recordings with the students.
Yes, Course Material will be provided- We will be providing you with One Month Teacher Training Handbook for your reading and guidance. Observation sheets to record the observations of daily practices along with the useful guidelines for the same.
The final exams are held at the end of the course online. Theory as well as practical exam will be taken on successful completion of said course formalities and attendance.
- 50 marks theory
- 50 marks practices (Demo & teaching skills)
A mock exam (both practical and theory) would be conducted before the final exam.
*Mandatory to have a mobile number and a Gmail account for the exam purposes and necessary communications.
Certificates would be awarded on campus, post clearing exams, fulfilling the attendance and course formalities.
Note: All study material available for the students for any course in physical (hard copy) only.
A – KNOWLEDGE
- Introduction to Yoga and Yogic Practices.
- Introduction to Hatha Yoga.
- Introduction to important Hatha Yoga Texts with special reference to Hatha Yoga Pradipika and Gheranda Samhita.
- Introduction to Patanjali Yoga Sutras.
- Bhavas of the Buddhi – Basis of Yoga Education
- Introduction to Anatomy and Physiology
- Introduction to Human Systems, Yoga and Health
- Yoga for wellness – prevention and promotion of positive health
- Yoga and stress management.
B – SKILL
- Sahajbhava Asanas
- Shat Karmas
- Surya Namaskar (Sun Salutation)
- Knowledge of selected postures and demonstrated ability to perform these postures – meditative and cultural (dynamic and static versions).
- Selected psychophysical and conceptual techniques pioneered by The Yoga Institute.
- Knowledge, teaching, and demonstrated ability to select Pranayamas.
- Practices leading to Meditation
- Communication and Teaching Practice
- Understanding and practice of basic skills of public speaking.
- Familiarity and demonstration ability to apply teaching methods.
- Adapt the above to unique styles of learning.
- Provide supportive and effective feedback.
- Acknowledge the aspirant’s progress and ability to cope with difficulties.
For further queries, kindly mail us on