Ayurveda is a healthy life style system that people in India have used for more than 5000years. Ayurveda not only treats a person’s physical complaints but also changes life style practices to help to maintain or improve health.
Established in 1902, Keraleeya Ayurveda Samajam opened its educational wing as PNNM Ayurveda Medical College and is the quintessence of Ayurveda. Driven by highly qualified physicians and technicians, this hospital carries forward the traditional school of medicine as practiced in Kerala. The institution offers a holistic picture of the science of Ayurveda in the field of education, clinics and research in par with the international standards. Currently this has grown to a full-fledged PG Academic institution with the recognition from CCIM and department of Ayush Government of Kerala.
- Immunity through Ayurveda (12 hours)
- A good immune system is important to keep infections at bay. In this section we give information about various ayurvedic ways and techniques to improve and strengthen our immunity through diet, life style, mental health, activities, etc. The section covers various immunity boosting home remedies, ayurvedic medicines and healthy recipes.
- Obesity management through Ayurveda (12 hours)
- Obesity is not just a cosmetic concern but a medical problem that can lead to serious health issues. In our program we covers the causes, symptoms , common health issues related to obesity and various ayurvedic techniques to manage obesity.
- Diabetes management (12 hours)
- Ayurveda divided diabetes into twenty types; we will give information about its causes, symptoms, ways of treatment and more importantly its prevention techniques through Ayurveda.
- Pregnancy care (12 hours)
- Pregnancy period is a very special time in a woman’s life. This session covers prenatal (before giving birth ) and postnatal (after giving birth) care like mental health of mother, healthy diet to be followed, general health, monthly development and post-delivery care of both mother and child.
- Cosmetology (12 hours)
- Beauty is not only a source of joy, but gives confidence in some extend. The secret of Ayurveda cosmetology is in the surrounding nature. In Ayurveda we use different herbs, fruits, flowers, spices, metals and minerals to produce unique products. In this session we explains about different concepts of beauty care, self-care regiments, skin and hair care remedies, face and head massages and also on preparation of various ayurvedic skin care and cosmetic products and its uses.
Anyone can enrol without prior knowledge of Ayurveda. Open to all – minimum age 18 years and above. Knowledge in English is mandatory. The participant should have a valid mobile number and gmail ID for necessary communication.
One month and classes will be held on Saturdays only from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm IST with intervals.
Entire course is conducted in English
The programme covers theoretical and practical aspects of Ayurveda. The syllabus consists of the corresponding topics in Ayurveda as enshrined in the classical and traditional teachings. Basic details like causes, symptoms, management techniques and prevention of disease will be discussed. The basic texts followed will be Ashtanga Hrudaya and Charaka Samhitha.
During the class: Follow disciple and avoid talking or discussing with other students during class. Make sure that you have high speed internet connectivity. Switch off phone or other digital devices when the class is going on.
Attendance: A student is required to have a minimum 80% attendance in attending the programme failing which he or she will not be eligible for getting the participation certificate.
Recording Policy – The organisation retains all rights to record the sessions for their internal usage & quality purposes. These data is stored securely in a manner that reasonably protects it from misuse and loss and from unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. Students are prohibited from recording these live sessions. We will not share any recordings with the students.
Softcopy of study materials will be provided. Assignments will be given based on the sessions.
Exam is not applicable but evaluation will be conducted and participation certificate will be issued.
On successful completion a certificate of participation will be awarded. Certificate can be collected from campus or will be couriered.